Monday 30 September 2013

Abi's 100wc - week 5:

I was walking to the shops one day when suddenly I saw a funny, orange tortoise on the edge of the pavement. "Oh my goodness! That tortoise just waved at me," I shouted out loud so the whole street could hear me (it was a very long street).

"Hey little boy, what's the matter?" called a little old lady who was hobbling down the street, "You nearly knocked me over!"

"I know, but that tortoise just waved at me!"

"What tortoise? I don't see no tortoise!" she growled. When I looked around, the funny orange tortoise wasn't there...

By Abi.

4 comments:

  1. This is very well-written, Abi - you've used your speech marks well. I also like the character of the old lady and the way you've made her speak - it really brings her to life.
    Next you should think about getting in even more ambitious vocabulary - remember to use your VCOP chart & also to think about things like Two Pairs sentences.
    Mr K :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done , this is a great story! Just remember that its : I don't see any tortoises. Keep up the good blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great story abi you're so clever



    Great story abi you're so clever!









    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abi, This is a really good story - you've used the words well and you've managed to get some well rounded characters in very few words. Great job!
    Carrie - Team100

    ReplyDelete