Monday 10 March 2014

Sienna's 100wc - week 25...

THE FROZEN PEOPLE

I got out of bed slumping onto the mouldy, damp wood with an ear-piercing shriek. Suddenly there was a head-splitting scream clearer than broad daylight, I listened intently, it didn't sound like anyone I knew. Sprinting down the stairs, I hurled myself into the the kitchen then just stood there ,mouth hanging open. There was a broken window with sharp smithereens of glass scattered over the floor. People were standing inside the house close to crumpling to the floor also there was a doll . . . dressed exactly like me!. The only other thing was a rusty ramshackle wooden box: trembling, I heaved the lid up gingerly - inside was a dilapidated metal box. At that moment the spooky room filled with smoke wafting around the cracked shards of glass then a eternal spirit came down from the steamy lights she lifted the lid gingerly then dissolved into nothing, I crept up to it, but a knife came whistling past my ear and ice cold steel kissed pearly human flesh and the stranger fell to the floor gasping for breath. Magically, like a switch, the mysterious doll came to life then dragged me screaming into the howling night air.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sienna,

    Thank you for entering the 100 Word Challenge this week. You have used some great vocabulary in your writing which helps to create a clear picture in the reader's mind. You have used a range of punctuation and sentences to great effect.
    Brilliant writing!

    Mrs Stones - Bradford, U.K.
    http://bradfordschools.net/blog/miriamlord100wc/

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, Sienna - this is such a powerful 100wc - I agree 100% with Mrs Stones: this is brilliant writing!
    Mr K :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maja Pawinska Sims (Team 100wc)17 March 2014 at 14:15

    Hi Sienna,
    Thanks so much for entering the 100 word challenge this week. Your writing is very dramatic - almost poetic - with a great range of vocabulary and lots of vivid description of sights and sounds. I don't think you've used the prompt exactly as written, but well done. Keep writing and using your amazing imagination!

    ReplyDelete