Tuesday 18 March 2014

Izzy's title-winning goal!

As sticky sweat falls down my chest, my heart beats like wild horses stampeding through darkness. One more goal. Just one more -I beg. Here I go. I can hear the roaring crowd cheering me on,silence came upon the massive stadium. I heard a soft familiar voice who was it? I look closely and realized it was my Mum my beautiful Mum. “Come on Aguero!” shouted my dad!  I tried to convince myself with warming thoughts : like Man City winning the championship, and me scoring the winning goal! I can do it, I told myself. I took three steps back. Nervous yet confident, hopeful and determined I felt my sweltering,perspiring ,short,black hair. I looked straight at the keeper he did an off putting grin. The whistle went - it was my time. I took a big run up, and boom, I whacked the ball... The keeper took a massive leap to the left of the goal; the ball went straight over him and hit the crossbar. Oh no! I said to myself, but wait, it had bounced in - I did it! The crowd went wild, we had won. Some people started doing the Mexican wave. All of my team ran to me and suddenly I was off the ground, from up there I saw my mum and she blew a kiss to me. My dad was thrilled. My coach walked up to me and handed me a gold, shiny trophy.

By Izzy E.

1 comment:

  1. chelsea from ash class18 March 2014 at 14:39

    Well done Izzy that was amazing i loved it i liked the bit when you said man city winning championship i think you did very well on that

    ReplyDelete