Sunday 1 December 2013

The Start Line...

The start line. The most terrifying place for an athlete and that's where I was in Beernam, Belgium at midday on Sunday the 24th of November 2013. Boom! The gun went I was right in the of mash, suddenly I had to dismount and run as fast as I could up this really steep hill I remounted and after that I knew that I wasn't going to win but I had to keep believing. As I was coming towards the end of the first lap I had to do a sprint, the second lap it was also the last there was actually a bit of tarmac where I could really get some pace up then I had to run through a pool of sand after that it was just a steep bank and a corner and then the finishing straight where the commentator shouted out "Joseph L of Great Britain", then won a trophy which really sewed it up me. (I'm not going to mention the result).
By Joe L.

2 comments:

  1. What an achievement, Joe - you must have been so proud to represent your team in a competition abroad! We'll have to make sure we put this in your Darwin Award folder!
    Mr K :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done Joe great story

    ReplyDelete