Saturday 7 December 2013

Lily B's 100wc - week 14...

One night I couldn't get to sleep. There was a drilling sound going on in the construction area down the road. I was up all night waiting for it to quieten, and then the noise stopped. I heard a cry though, coming from the same place. I dared to peek out of the window to see what was going on. I was astounded to see that the drill was actually stuck into the workers foot! 
"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!" He screamed some more. Then his blood started spilling out, and he slowly fell to the ground... DUH-DUH-DUH!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lily, excellent piece of writing for the 100wc, even though it did leave me feeling sick in my stomach at the thought of the drill being stuck. Eww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful description Lily, you made me shudder when I read that the drill was stuck in the worker's foot - ouch!

    Tracey (Team 100WC)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very interesting take on the prompt Lily! You have described the noise from the construction site and the frustration of not being able to sleep as a result very well. But what a shocking reason for the noise to stop and that poor workman. I felt very sorry for him. Great writing, well done.
    Ms O'Keeffe (Team 100wc)
    Ireland

    ReplyDelete