Friday 4 July 2014

Beaudesert memories - part two!

My Beaudesert Memories:


When we arrived at Beaudesert, we quickly eat our lunch in the Cal Day Center and then we went to unpack in our dorms. We had an hour to unpack and then I was up on the Via Ferrata! We went into the walled garden to get kitted up and we had to attach lots of ropes to our harnesses and wear a helmet. Then we walked down the steep hill to the Via Ferrata. First of all we went up on a practice wall which is a lot smaller than the real thing. The practice wall was easy, but then I felt terrified as we approached the massive stone wall. I was one of the last in my group to go on as I was nervous. Once I was up I was terrified of the height, but then once I got used to it I was fine. The zip wire at the end was the best bit!
By Lily B.

On Monday we all did the same thing: via ferrata and frisbee golf but all at different times. First thing my group did was we went for a walk around the park to see where we had to go. After that we played frisbee golf - my score was 42. Next we headed down to the via ferrata which was about 15 mins from the cal day center. I couldn't reach but I got to do the zip wire.

On Tuesday and Wednesday we did monkey trees , greasy pole , geocaching and pyrography on Tuesday my favorite was the greasy pole. On Wednesday we did low ropes and go karts with Will and Seaweed.
By Poppi Ashton

Via Ferrata: 
It was awesome, the Via Ferrata is a huge wall (at its highest it was 30 feet) that you climb round, but before I was allowed anywhere near the massive wall I had to get kitted up with a very uncomfortable harness and a orange helmet. Once I was all kitted up I headed with the rest of my group to the practise wall, we round the practise one fairly quickly, after all it was only a taster for the real one! The big wall was amazing, especially the zip wire at the end!

Monkey trees:
WOW!, I absolutely loved it. I went all the way to the top of the 35 foot tree, UNBELIEVABLE!, I was third to go up using only a harness, a helmet, climbing gripes and a tree. I would probably say that it was one of the best activities that I will ever do in my life!

Greasy pole:

Well, you have to sit in the middle of a pole with a heavy pillow and wait for the battle command ( in my case 1,2,3, beaudesert) then you start hitting each other with the pillow and until one of you falls of into the pool of freezing water underneath! And guess what I won the whole thing out of everyone!!!!
By Lily A

1 comment:

  1. Would have loved to see you coming down the zip wire Lily! I can just imagine your face! Love mum. x

    ReplyDelete